The Victoria Police Department (VPD) is pleased that you have chosen to participate in our Ride-Along Program.
The purpose of the program is to provide interested citizens with insight into the line operations of the Department. It is our hope that you will find this experience both informative and enjoyable.
Documents & Forms
Conditions & Circumstances
We would like you to be fully aware of the conditions and circumstances under which this program operates:
- You will be assigned to ride with a Police Officer of this Department. He/she will be assigned to his/her normal duties and will respond to all calls for service to which he/she is assigned.
- Police officers can be and often are assigned duties which involve danger and serious risks. The officer with whom you are riding is no different. He/she will not avoid or disregard duties which involve emergencies or danger simply because you are with him/her.
- You are aware that the right front passenger airbag has been disconnected for safety reasons due to equipment mounted in the marked police units.
- While every effort will be made to ensure your safety, the police officers first responsibility will be to carry out his/her assigned duties.
- The police officer you will accompany will be happy to discuss his/her duties and responsibilities insofar as time permits. If, however, some emergency should arise, you must immediately and without question comply with any orders or directions given to you by the officer. This is for your own safety.
Prior to submitting your application, be sure to review the Ride-Along Policy (PDF).
Please make sure that all blanks are filled out. Get someone to witness your signature and sign in the "witness" blank. Also please be sure to initial in the blank on line 3 of page one regarding the right front airbag being disconnected.
After reviewing the Ride-Along Policy and completing the Ride-Along Application (PDF), you have several choices in getting us the original signed and witnessed form:
- You may drop it off during business hours (8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday) at the VPD Records Section on the first floor of City Hall located at:
105 W Juan Linn
Victoria, TX 77901
- You may drop it off at the Victoria Police Substation in Victoria Mall located near Chick-fil-A. Call first at 361-485-3799 to make sure someone will be there.
- You may mail the original to:
Victoria Police Department
Attn: Police Administration
P.O. Box 2086
Victoria, TX 77902
The form will then be forwarded to Police Administration for approval.
Do Not Fax
We do not accept faxed copies; you must get us the original signed and witnessed form.
Arranged in Advance
Once approved, all ride-alongs must be set up in advance. You should call 361-485-3700 during business hours (8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday) and ask to speak with the Patrol Platoon’s Sergeant or Lieutenant to set up any anticipated ride-alongs.
For More Information
If you have any questions or wish to verify that your rider application was approved, feel free to call Administration at 361-485-3714.