Can I make changes to City Code?

The City Charter provides that citizens may create legislation by initiative. “Any ordinance initiated by the people may be submitted to the City Council by petition signed by qualified voters of the City of Victoria equal in number to ten percent or more of the qualified voters of the City.” More information can be found in the City Charter or by contacting the City Secretary’s office.

Show All Answers

1. Where is your office located and what is your mailing address?
2. Is the Mayor’s office in City Hall?
3. How can I speak to Council?
4. I need help with a legal issue. Can the City Attorney help me?
5. How can I get a copy of the City of Victoria Municipal Code?
6. Can the City’s Municipal Code be changed?
7. Can I make changes to City Code?
8. What does the prosecuting attorney do?
9. Does the prosecutor represent me in Court?
10. How can I get information about a citation I received or information about my court case?
11. How can I file a claim against the City?
12. Who do I call to report a possible crime or City code violation?
13. What is the difference between the City Attorney and the District Attorney?